How not to taper for a half-marathon.....
Step 1: Set a plan for reducing running mileage 2 weeks prior to race day....CHECK
Step 2: Make sure that everything needed for race day (shoes, shirt, shorts, etc) is clean and ready to go....CHECK
Step 3: 4 days before race day, chase your son around the living room playing on a rainy day. Kick sofa with right foot REALLY hard. While hopping on your remaining good foot, try not to say out loud all of those obscenities you're thinking since Nathan is parrotting everything we say these days....CHECK
Step 4: Tape, ice, and Advil. Make arrangements with Race Director to carry over this year's registration to next year.....CHECK
Step 5: Hope that doctor is correct and I can resume running in about 2 weeks.
Yes I broke two toes on my right foot goofing off and had to miss my race on Saturday. I was very disappointed but such is life. Assuming I can get back out there running in a couple of weeks, I may try to run another half-marathon on July 4th in Portland. Otherwise, I just hope to keep on my plan to run the Portland Marathon October 1st. The most frustrating part of this injury is that it was not running related, just me being a clutz.
No photos. I don't want to gross anyone out with shots of slightly deformed purple toes.


1 Comments:
We are sorry :-( Quit running after the little guy or better else - you can ship him to Michigan and we'll take care of the running ;-)
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home