Honey? We have a problem.
Hearing those words is never a good sign. Before I continue with our little adventure, we hope all the Dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day!

Our plan for the day was a quick 11 mile ride along the Willamette River waterfront followed by pizza at Apizza Scholls near Mt. Tabor. We had a bit more adventure than we bargained for.
Things were going extremely well until we got back to the car. I started to put things into piles for ease of loading and right before I bent to disassemble the bike, Chad spoke the fateful words. He couldn't find the car keys. At first I thought he accidentally locked them into the trunk. No such luck. He had tossed them into the trailer and they had fallen out the little hole in the bottom somewhere on our ride. Oops. The keys could be anywhere: along the trail, in the street, or even at the bottom of the Willamette. We quickly decided to ride opposite ways on the loop and whoever hopefully finds the keys first will call the other. So I hammered down the Springwater Corridor and Chad and Nathan took off down the Eastbank Esplanade, both of us thinking of the contingency plan--ride the Max home, grab the spare key, call Honda to find out how to disarm the alarm without the key chain.

*sigh*
What a big PITA! I was already more than halfway around the loop and quickly losing hope when the call came. Never was I so happy to hear the T-Mobile jingle. Chad had found the keys! A kind soul had found them along the trail and set them aside on a brick wall. Yay! No need to activate Plan B! Total ride mileage? 20.2 miles. I know Chad wanted to make sure I got a reasonable training ride in today but this was ridiculous!
The rest of the day went as planned. We went home, got cleaned up, and then had the best pizza we've had since Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. If you're ever in the Hawthorne District around Mt. Tabor, we highly recommend this place. But get there early for if they run out of dough, which I'm told is a regular occurrence, you're out of luck for the evening.


2 Comments:
What is PITA?
oh my.
LOL - well, you got your "long" training ride in anyhow :D Glad to hear you found the keys!
Post a Comment
<< Home