Saint Patrick's Day Pirates
I was up until midnight, but it's done! It's a good thing too since what was supposed to be a clear, cold morning was dreary and damp (definitely not the blue sky, 50 degree weather of last year's run) so Chad did need the waterproof protection of his new pirate hat. The hat is made out of Dale Hauk which is a great Teflon coated yarn (I was pleasantly surprised by its softness.)...perfect for the Northwest.And now for the obligatory father & son matching photo. All together now.....aawwwww!
It was a fun-filled Sunday in Portland today with all the Shamrock Run festivities. Nathan and I led off the family races in the 3.5-mile Shamrock Stride. Since Chad's race was the last to start, he warmed up by walking part of the stride with us and left the walkers on the east side of the Burnside Bridge to prep for his own race. Even so, Nathan and I finished in plenty of time to cheer on the 15 K'ers at the Starting Line. Fast forward 1 hour and 17 minutes (pretty good considering the long uphill slog on Terwilliger Boulevard) and he's still smiling at the Finish Line.


1 Comments:
wahoo! Look at those handsome pirates :D
Fair Isle is wonderful :)
Post a Comment
<< Home