Monday, February 20, 2006

Playing with Food

Isn't that what holidays are for? Today is President's Day and I'm off! Words can't express how happy I am to have an extra day off.

Today I was faced with a mound of Tillamook marionberry yogurt. Nathan only likes vanilla yogurt so when we purchase cases of yogurt from Costco (you won't believe how much yogurt we go through in a week), Mom & Dad either eat the marionberry flavor or try to coax Nathan to eat it if we're all yog'd out. I decided to experiment a bit with a recipe from renowned food blogger, Clotilde, from Chocolate and Zucchini. She published a classic french recipe for yogurt cake a few months ago using plain whole milk yogurt. And of course I tweaked it! The end product was delicious. Not too sweet with a nice crumb and slightly chewy top. I'm already dreaming about tomorrow's breakfast: A muffin with a steaming cup of coffee. Click on for the recipe....

And also, by popular demand. I've posted the recipes for Week 1 of the Olympic Challenge. Week two menu and recipes coming soon. Buon appetito!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home