Sunday, March 13, 2005

Luck O' The Polish?



We spent the morning in Portland today enjoying all the Shamrock Run festivities. Chad ran the 8k race in what he calls the best run of his life at 39:05 but he did not win his weight in beer. Since I don't pretend to be or even aspire to be counted among the running masses, I'll trust him on that.

Tempting though it was to just sit in the grass at Waterfront Park and enjoy the sunshine while we waited for Dad to finish, Nathan and I walked the 4k Shamrock Stride instead. Things I learned?

1. I either walk REALLY fast or most people walk REALLY slow (I finished the course in 50 minutes)
2. Apparently a lot of people can't tell their right from their left because they invariably move left when you indicate that you want to pass them on their left.

It was a nice walk along the riverfront but I'm not sure I'm keen on doing it again as it was a lesson in frustration in trying to break free of the mass. I guess it serves me right for not getting to the start line in a timely manner. But there was a glass of Hefeweizen and a bowl of clam chowder waiting for me at the finish line. How bad can that be?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was JUST on the phone with a friend who did the Shamrock Run, sort of. Her daughter locked all their stuff in the car, but they still did part of the walk, but then her baby began screaming, so they turned around. Hey, at least the weather was nice! It is drizzly and grey and depressing down here in California! I hope the drought continues after we move up there (well, not really, but you know what I mean). Mariko

March 13, 2005 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home