Monday, February 27, 2006

Medal Round

While I didn't officially join the Knitting Olympics, I did have a goal to finish all the projects I had on needles before casting on for a new one. I got the silver medal.

I finished Kinsale and my long-suffering Rebecca Wrap Cardi and I do love them both! Unfortunately, I can't file an extension on the Olympic experience.


Faina did get her second sleeve and I'm still plugging away at the yoke. I was knitting until the torch went out on the West Coast but there was no way I would finish in time. Ah well, Vancouver is only four years away and Chad did say, "Knitters, like curlers, improve with age."

In the Kitchen Olympics, I struck gold. Seventeen nights of Italian food without relying on Pasta X Marinara. Week 2 recipes are now posted over in the Kitchen.

It was a great challenge but despite having distinctly different foods each night, I'm looking forward to embracing my Asian roots again. A gold and a silver....at least I did better than Bode Miller.

4 Comments:

Blogger aimee noel said...

Don't forget about the summer Olympics! They're only two years away. Granted, I won't be knitting a sweater out of 85%wool and 15% mohair in the middle of summer.

February 27, 2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Your finished projects look great! I've been having my eye on that cardi for a while and seeing yours completed may just help me dig around my stash for the perfect yarn for my own!

I also wanted to thank you for the great recipes you post on your blog.

March 01, 2006 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work on finishing your wrap cardi. It came out great.

March 02, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger jae said...

you wrap is really cute!

March 02, 2006 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home