Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Treats from the Sugarplum Fairy

It's not Christmas without treats...and I spent last weekend making a large pile to give away and to eat ourselves. A few standards and some new experiments. Without further ado, start at the upper left and go clockwise. Recipes may be accessed by clicking the links.

1. Spiced Rosemary Cashews: This year's food gift and our recipients tell me, they are evil and addictive. I was hard pressed to stop eating them while I was packing them up.
2. White Trash: It wouldn't be Christmas without this. We call it crack at our house.
3. Coconut Jam Thumbprints: Shortbread base with lemon curd and boysenberry jam. One word....YUMMO!!!
4. Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheels: Yummy but a bit troublesome. I'm not sure I'll make these again.

With a spot of milk or some tawny port, Santa will be very happy this year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sad to see your comment about the pinwheels, they look awesome! I was just thinking, as I read this I would make some for dessert for Christmas dinner - now I need to reconsider!

Mike

December 21, 2006 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Nathan help? I will probably prepare the cashews for friends.

Mom

December 22, 2006 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raquel,
Thanks for sending the great picture of Nathan and the very entertaining Christmas letter. You should post the letter at your blog, very clever...
Carole Jesse

December 23, 2006 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home