Thursday, December 02, 2004

Mystical Revelation #1

And I thought the suburbs were more boring than the *city*. We had our own version of Cops outside our master bedroom window at 3:00 AM. I started hearing intermittent sirens around 2:30 but couldn't tell where they were coming from. So I went back to bed and tried to sleep, thoroughly annoyed that the Hillsboro police were not considerate of people trying to sleep. Well around 3:30, Chad got up because he heard dogs barking and yelling coming from the wetland beyond our backyard. We opened our blinds to six police cars, a K-9 unit, and an ambulance parked around the wetland area. We think they caught two suspects given that we heard Miranda rights given twice (first time I've ever heard them in real life), one of whom broke a bone which was the reason for the ambulance. We figured we'd find out what happened during the morning news but the City of Portland one-upped Hillsboro with some police shootings. So we think there was a robbery on TV highway that turned into a police chase that ended up in our residential area. We never had this kind of excitement living in downtown Phoenix.

Back to hiding I go...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Mariko. You know, there was a time when Hillsboro was considered WAY out there, and nobody lived there but farmers and kinda trashy people. How times change, eh? Happy early birthday, and sorry we couldn't meet during my trip to Portland! I just have a couple of days left ...

December 02, 2004 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dec 4th--

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAQUEL!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful day and know that you are loved :)
Your gift is being sent out on Monday-- due to my poor planning and the evil craft gods! :)
miss you xoxo
Amy in AZ

December 04, 2004 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home