Friday, November 26, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have a lot to be thankful for this year. Good health, a new job, a smooth move to Oregon, and most of all, Nathan. It was a pretty low key Thanksgiving en famille for us this year. We just wanted to stay home and veg due to all the travelling we've been doing with the move. We cooked a great meal, watched some football, knit a bit, and pretty much just puttered about at home.



This year's spread consisted of maple brined smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, dressing, cranberry jelly, and of course the essential double dessert: pumpkin pie and an apple tart (for me, the pumpkin pie hater). Very tasty although we have enough leftovers for the next two months and enough turkey stock to fill a pool. That's why we have a freezer, eh? It was Nathan's first taste of the Thanksgiving bounty and he approved.



Lest you think we imprison our child underneath a chair, that is his latest game. Crawl under one and then start fussing because he can't find a way out. :)

Lots of knitting progress over the past few days. I felted Nathan's Christmas stocking. Note to self: Naturespun felts well....almost too well. The sides of the stocking fused together during the first pass and I had to pull them apart. I also finished the body of Chad's sweater (no thanks to the silly pattern). I had to rework the entire neck area since it came out way too small after I followed the pattern's instructions for the shaping. It looks a lot better the way I did it and I did tell Chad that he can't wear his UM shirt underneath it. Two sleeves and it will be done! And finally, I put some finishing touches on the last few mystery projects. That's where all that fuzz came from....



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spread looks amazing! mmmm...turkey, taters and apple tart! Yum! We're now home and are preparing our small post-thanksgiving feast. Started out with home made belgian waffles this morning while I wade thru email and catch up on my blog reading :)

November 27, 2004 8:37 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

crimeny - that was me with the belgian waffles :D

November 29, 2004 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home