Sunday, April 16, 2006

One a Penny, Two a Penny

Happy Easter! I did not bake these but I did buy them all by myself. Nathan and I were in line at the Baker & Spice tent at the Farmer's Market when these lovely little nuggets starting pleading, "Buy me! Buy me!" Never one to ignore food in distress, several hot cross buns landed right next to our regular Saturday morning croissants destined for breakfast on Easter morning. And they were delicious; a slightly chewy, lightly glazed whole wheat bun filled with candied orange peel, currants, and spices. Not too sweet and perfect with slices of Dubliner Irish Cheddar and poached pears.
We had a pretty low key Easter Sunday, hanging out at home, planting my herb garden, and enjoying the lovely spoils from the market: fresh spring lamb, baby vegetables, and crusty bread. It was a welcome change from last week's frenetic travel. We hope your Easter was as nice and relaxing as ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home