Friday, October 08, 2004

Haute Cuisine

Eaten off a box on the floor of our new kitchen....



We hung out at the house last night waiting for our cars to be delivered so we decided to bring our dinner fixings over. Seasoned turbot from Trader Joe's prepared en papillote. Recipe was inspired by Alton Brown's Red Snapper en Papillote. Yum.

I have a new (non-mystery) project about to be cast-on. We went to the Yarn Garden the other day and bought 12 skeins of Brown Sheep Naturespun (6 brick road, 6 tornado teal) for our Christmas stockings. Nathan's helping mom get organized....Now, to felt or not to felt. That is the question.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First dinners in the new home are always exciting! Looks delicious!

I would vote for felting if you plan on using these stockings long term. They won't stretch from the weight of all of Santa's goodies and they will probably last longer.

I'm glad to see Nathan so at ease with skeins of yarn. Will he be a boy who knits?

Leah

October 08, 2004 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinner looks good - I was home this weekend and am going to ship a bunch of Chad's junk I got stuck with to your new, larger home for storage, just kidding.

As for knitting, so felt, looks classier.....feels softer if I recall as well. Make your son a winter hat, he'll need one now :)

Hope the cars showed up...
Mike

October 09, 2004 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home