Monday, January 21, 2008

Catching Up With Fiber

Well, unlike last year where I showed off my first knitted object in September, 2008 is shaping up to be better on that front. For how much longer? Who knows since I'm already beginning my ramp to Alcatraz. 

I'm down to one project left on the needles having finished five in the last month. Unfortunately, I can only show two since three of them are still cooking to some extent. Patience, grasshopper.

First, a Flower Basket Shawl made out of Roros Lamullgarn. I knit this for mom's birthday and it should keep her toasty warm This was my first attempt at a larger lace project and it was satisfying and fun. However, I don't know if I'll be knitting larger lacey things since I'm all about practicality and I really don't need lace shawls myself.

Next are a pair of Embossed Leaf socks made out of Stephanie's Spritely Goods Fey in a fabulous limited edition Winter Rye colorway. I loved knitting with this yarn and am ecstatic that the pattern I chose complements the color so well (Favorite Socks from Interweave for those who are interested). Toasty feet for me this winter!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home