Monday, August 21, 2006

C is for Cookie

It's good enough for me...and Nathan too. Saturday mornings are usually Mommy & Son bonding time since Chad is usually out running epic distance runs with his marathon training group. This past Saturday was no different. After hitting the farmer's market, Nathan & I went home to make cookies. I'd been kicking around an idea to adapt my favorite chocoloate chip cookie recipe into a chocolate extravaganza: Aztec Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. What makes them Aztec? Why the touch of cayenne in the batter...because chocolate and chile just go together. After fretting about whether I needed to add more baking soda to counteract the pH of the cocoa, I threw caution to the winds and just went with it (sorry Shirley & Howard). One word....YUMMO! Click for the recipe....

1 Comments:

Blogger edalicia said...

And I thought I was the only food scientist in the family!!! Cocoa, soda, pH - How about Tg?

August 24, 2006 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home