Saturday, July 29, 2006

Fire Up the Dehydrator

Our figs are ripe! Chad came in from watering the plants this afternoon and told me the figs were ready to be picked. He didn't tell me how many.


Yes, our tree was rather prolific this summer and I wouldn't be surprised to have a second crop if we get another heat wave. I even left the high ones for the birds and the branches which breached our back fence for the neighbors.


I'm dehydrating the first four trays as I type and I haven't even made a dent. I figure at least three more batches to dry for fig newtons and yummy braises over the winter and we'll still have a pile of fresh fruit to eat out of hand. Maybe I can concoct some sort of cobbler but until then, pass the prosciutto and the Parmigiano Reggiano....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love figs! We so rarely see them at this end of the state. Wonder why?
Great pictures though, thanks for sharing.

August 21, 2006 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home