Monday, May 16, 2005

Would you like to supersize that?

Um...no thanks. We rented Supersize Me last night and I don't think I could ever eat fast food again. I think what hit me the most was the skewed sense of reality many people had when it comes to healthy eating. It was extremely sad to watch an overweight teenage girl say that she can't lose weight because she can't afford to buy Subway twice a day, truly believing that Subway was the only way out.

Also horrifying was the thought that our family was in the 6% (6%!!!!!) that McDonald's does not consider heavy users or super heavy users, people who eat McD's once to multiple times per week. It never occured to me how SMALL that minority is--only 17 million people in this country.

It saddens me to think that the majority of people in this country do not know what unprocessed, fresh food really is.

A thought provoking movie that I recommend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home