A Pox on Sweater Patterns!
One of Nathan's birthday presents was an orange sweater I had knit last spring. We tried to put it on him yesterday when disaster struck. The same problem which initially afflicted Chad's sweater reoccured on this one - the neck was too small! Though I had adapted the initial pattern to knit it in the round (and met guage), I followed the shaping originally called for. The knitwear designers had not talked to my sister who so eloquently reminded me that babies have big heads. An emergency *rip-it and knit-it* session ensued. Problem solved. The sweater is still a bit big but he is a growing boy.
In happier knitting news, Chad's sweater came off the blocking board today. Its proud owner modeled it for me.


3 Comments:
The sweaters look great! Chad's fits perfectly and Nathan looks very cute in his oversize sweater! Hopefully you'll be able to get a few seasons out of it!
Leah
Hi Raquel, Chad, and Nathan,
We had a wonderful time - thank you. Nathan is a very wonderful baby.
Our flight was delayed 1.5 hours and we almost missed our plane to MSP. We landed at 6:30 pm and our next flight was scheduled to depart at 6:45. Run we did (B-23 to B-43)- luckily there was also a 10 minute delay for the other flight.
We are rescheduling our closing date to January. There is a winter advisory here and in WI for the whole day.
Have a great holiday!
Lolo and Lola
I'm very impressed at your sweater making prowess :D Both look fabulous! I've still got that adult sized roll neck in the queue for myself...You're going to have to give me pointers on controlled ripping - I still haven't got it down - which means when I rip things back, I usually rip the Whole Thing out :(
Post a Comment
<< Home