Sunday, November 07, 2004

Rain? What rain?

We've been lucky that this November has been unusually dry. We haven't had rain for four days! I guess that shows all those people who predicted I'd have Seasonal Affective Disorder by December (I may feel different in March). The weekend started of with a recipe book enhancement expedition on Friday evening. We went to Powell's Books for Cooks and Gardeners in the Hawthorne District where I picked up Ina Garten's and Alton Brown's latest as well as a used copy of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. It didn't take me long to cook something new.



We spent Saturday shopping for furniture for our formal living & dining rooms. We got a great deal on two chocolate brown leather armchairs and an ottoman at Kitchen Kaboodle. We spent Sunday afternoon driving around the countryside southwest of us. We checked out a couple of wineries, saw a kiwi bush (at a U-Pick Kiwi Farm), and Nathan got down and dirty with a chardonnay grape vine.



We finished off the weekend with Nathan helping me cook our *Louisiana Fusion* dinner: baked fish, cauliflower gratin, and collards made with prosciutto instead of ham hocks. Yum!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut from France!

You sent all of the rain our way... It rained all day and has been dark and dreary most of our stay. Nevertheless we are enjoying wonderful food and beautiful sites!

I saw Ina Garten's new book last week. It looks like it will be another excellent book!

A plus tard!

Tante Leah et Oncle Steven

November 08, 2004 10:08 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

oooh! a Kiwi Bush! Just what *does* a kiwi bush look like anyway? Jealous jealous of Powell's books for cooks. Probably just as well that I'm far far away. Luckily for me, my book habit is like my yarn habit - much more dangerous when in close proximity to the goods...

November 08, 2004 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home