Saturday, January 29, 2005

Zipper Quest

Can you believe that there are no aubergine colored zippers at any of the fabric stores I went to today? Rather than drive endlessly around the Portland Metro area, I gave up and ordered two zippers from Zipper Stop. This quest was sparked by some mild boredom here on sleeve island. Miles and miles of endless ribbing. Funny that ribbing bores me a lot more than endless stockinette. I think it's because I have to concentrate more and not bliss-out. I'm determined to finish the silly sleeves this weekend!

Nathan & I didn't come home empty handed. We indulged in some more retail therapy after dispatching Chad to the auto show to ogle all the new hybrids. This is what came home with us...



A serrated Global bread knife to finish off my *essential* knife set, purchased with the Williams Sonoma gift certificate I got from Mike at Christmas; an oven thermometer to assure me that my oven is indeed working (I was having my doubts but it looks like my oven is either accurate or it brainwashed the thermometer); yarn for some future projects; a zipper foot and aubergine thread. Now I just have to wait for the stinkin' zipper. Oh and knit the zipper bands too....

I also ordered a Fagor Duo pressure cooker from Bed, Bath, and Beyond because I've been wanting one for a long while. Can we say 10 minute no-stir risotto and short ribs on a weeknight? I briefly considered a Kuhn Rikon but I couldn't justify the price tag for a pressure cooker that equals the performance of the less spendy Fagor according to Cooks Illustrated. And the bonus was it was even cheaper with the 20% off BB&B store coupon. With luck, it will arrive at our door next week and when it does, the short ribs will be waiting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waiting for the zipper can be torturous! Give Rose City Textiles a call and ask if they have aubergine zippers. You might also want to call the Rain Shed in Corvallis. They are closed on Sunday but carry lots of outerwear stuff and zippers. (541) 753-8900.

January 30, 2005 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to identify myself! It's Mariko.

January 30, 2005 11:47 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

*drool* look at all that lovely loot :D
And a Zipper foot too! You, my dear, are more brave than I. I suspect my Ribby will land with a seamstress to get her zipper done...I still need to go zipper shopping myself! But I *do* have the bands knit!

January 31, 2005 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home