Anyone else thankful....
....that the Aztec's gave the world chocolate before their civilization perished? I know I shouldn't make light of what is really very serious history but chocolate is the one thing we should remember them by and for which we should be thankful.
It's been a long time since I've played in the kitchen, isn't it? I've discovered in the past 6 months that I'm lactose-intolerant and really should limit my milk and non-processed dairy consumption. Thank god cheese and yogurt don't fall into the "eat sparingly" bucket because how the heck am I supposed to get my ice cream fix let alone cut out cheese? As I've come to terms with my dairy-limited existence, I have started to use my ice cream maker a lot more often since nothing can beat homemade frozen yogurt.
Today's experiment was a rip on Mexican chocolate. Vanilla, cinnamon, and a touch of cayenne pepper to lend some heat to the back end. Delicious! Those Aztecs were geniuses! Click here for the recipe.


2 Comments:
So how will you enjoy the halo-halo that Dad and I are indulging in here in Manila?
Our schedule has been hectic but things are getting accomplished so far. I even had a postcard that Lola Mommy sent to Tita Myrna announcing your birth!!!
Dad and Mom
I just look at that pic and go "yummmm...."
Post a Comment
<< Home