Car Detritus
1. Wheel off....check
2. Pull flat-causing piece of metal out....check
3. One side of the tire off...check but I need better tire levers
4. Replace tube...check
5. Reseat the tire into the rim....AAARGH!
I was OK until the last 8 inches near the valve stem. No amount of pushing, pulling, prodding, cursing (enough to make a sailor blush) got the tire back on. Since I was on my lunch hour and really cutting it close, I took the easy way out and called for reinforcements to get me back to work and the tire is now sitting in my garage with the 8 inches still hanging out. Granted, I was in a hurry, stressed, frustrated, you name it but I seem to lack the thumb strength to finish it. I never even got to try my new CO2 inflator.
I'll try again tonight when I have more patience.


1 Comments:
Really now... have you ever tried to get a sailor to blush... not sure it is as easy as you think :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home