Culinary Adventures
Today was a day for playing in the kitchen and using some of the gorgeous produce we picked up at the Farmer's Market.
The April 2005 issue of Cooking Light had a great article about homemade ricotta cheese which inspired me to make my own. It was so easy that I think I'll preferentially make my own versus buying it at the store. And the taste of warm, freshly made ricotta? To die for!

I mixed the cheese with some arugula for a great ravioli filling. Yummy served with pink tomato sauce. Click here for the recipe.
Some beautiful rhubarb also basket-jumped yesterday. Instead of making my usual Rhubarb Crisp, I pulled out my rarely used, "Baking with Julia", and made these jewels.....

Hungarian Shortbread. Click here for the recipe. The best thing about this? They can be frozen. I'm sure my waistline will thank me for that.
As you've probably noticed, The Tangled Web now has a sister site: Oh What A Tangled Kitchen. It made sense to me to organize my recipes and culinary adventures into a single place. Bon Appetit!


1 Comments:
Your tangled kitchen's template looks very familiar.
Post a Comment
<< Home