Can It Be?
Yes, yes, it is! A knitting update! Despite what you may think, there has been knitting going on around here. Small things that I haven't had a chance to update until now.

First, unveiling Mystery Project #3, Felted Hello Kitty Clogs, for Amy. This was my first and most likely last intarsia project. I couldn't stand the random bobbins of yarn hanging from my knitting. Note to self...when felting intarsia, it's probably better to felt a single piece rather than pray that both pieces turn out identically.
Mystery Project #4 is another airy scarf. This time the recipient was Marcia.
And finally, I finished the Father & Son Socks. This was a fun project especially since I learned a new technique.
Mom wants me to share my recipe for Blueberry Cheesecake Bars. I'm saving that update for U-Pick Blueberry Day this summer!
But.....
It's Market Day and look what came home with us....

It's most definitely Spring around here. Artichokes, asparagus, leeks, and rhubarb abound and judging from the pea shoots I saw today, fresh, sweet English peas are not too far behind. I also saw some intriguing green garlic. I need to look up how to use it and maybe it will make it into next week's basket. Stay tuned for some of the goodies we'll be having from this pile of beautiful produce!


1 Comments:
Hi Raquel,
I love the father and son socks. How did you get Nathan to pose for that?
As far as green garlic, it is a very common vegetable in the Philippines. You have probably tasted my favorite dish with it since we grew garlic at Beckwith just for that. It is a simple stir-fry recipe. Quarter or halve the garlic bulb depending on the size. Slice the stem (~ 2") diagonally. Mince a clove of garlic. Soak a small bag of cellophane noodles, and shell raw shrimp ( I put lots of this). Heat a small amount of oil and saute the minced garlic and shrimp. Add 1/2 c of broth (in the Philippines, we use the liquid resulting from crushing the shrimp head and shell with water) and boil. Add the green garlic and cellophane noodles. Cover and let simmer until the noodles are tender. Season with salt and patis to taste (Dad prefers it with freshly-ground pepper). A variation is adding boiled quail eggs (from the cans). Bon Appetit!
Post a Comment
<< Home