Sunday, September 21, 2008

Closing Down My Tri Season

A few observations of the elite National races where most of the Olympians competed yesterday. 

Not a lot of photos of the women's race since we were still doing all the post-race stuff...food, showers, etc.
  • ITU racing is pretty darn exciting to watch in person
  • A downside of the women's short tri swimsuit is that if there's a crash, you'll get road rash in awful places. One of the elite women had a huge patch of road rash all over her right hip
  • These guys are fast...freakishly fast.
  • Laura Bennet looks way too happy to be working as hard as I know she's working
  • Matt Reed is really tall
  • And he's got great legs...in fact they all do
  • Even the pros can f- up the flying mount. Jarrod Shoemaker's race was over before the bike. He missed his seat and landed square on his top tube sending shudders through every male in the crowd
  • Did I mention how wicked fast these guys are?
How did I do? I rocked! I had a very strong race and I'm very happy. Click here for all the gory details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home