Monday, August 09, 2004

Ssshh...be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting kitties



Now that he's realized that there is another little creature living in this household, Nathan's favorite thing to do now is stalk Hobey. We're teaching him to be gentle but he's still in the *grabby* phase and doesn't quite understand that pulling out Hobey's fur really makes her mad. The good thing is that he's very motivated to plow through his development phases in his zeal to get closer and closer to the cat. He started pulling up to the couch to see her and earned himself a warning swat on his hand (no claws) in the process. Hobey's still faster than he is but we don't think it will be for long.

On the knitting front, I've got several projects on the needles. I'm working on a new pattern for a Farmer's Market String Bag, just in time to move to Portland. Why create one? Because I haven't seen any other patterns that have all the features I'd want. It's turning out pretty well if I do say so myself. Anyone want to test the pattern when I'm done?



Next is a set of finger puppets for Nathan. I have the bull almost finished but the going is slow since it's thin yarn on size 0 needles. Sorry about the blurry picture, but he's turning out pretty cute.



And then there are Mystery Projects #1 and #2. What are they? All will be revealed in due time.





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute finger puppet!

pic 1- my vote is a pair of socks in some self striping yarn

pic 2- hmmm... a purse perhaps...

leah

August 10, 2004 6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm changing my guess for pic 2. it looks kind of like Rosedale from Knitty.

August 10, 2004 6:56 PM  
Blogger Raquel said...

Silly Leah....yes, try again. :)

August 11, 2004 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home